• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

OMG what are those popping up?!

Horton, as in, "Horton hears a who". That's not a Y, but it's the first thing that popped into my head though.

What's going on with his head though? Visitor's doesn't seem as extreme, the second male's seems like an unhealthy abnormality. Are those holes in his face above his nose? I'm so confused when looking at him. Maybe his name should be Micheal, or Jackson.

They both miss scales on their heads, exactly the same ones, that makes me think their look is something that can be reproduced :)

I'll think about Jackson :)

*Tiny scaled corns update*

Shed again:

Visitor is getting interesting amounts of orange along his spine :)

Visitor%20sept10.jpg

Why refuses to gain orange, which I also like a lot :)

Why%20sept10.jpg

Why had some clear discharge from his eyes (I think) in between sheds, which dried into crusts in the scaleless patches on the sides of his head. They could not be removed with a wet cotton tip but got off with the next shed every time. He never seemed to be bothered by it though. After this shed the discharge seems to have stopped :)

I decided to sell the third baby, which seems a bit off color and pattern wise but has normal shaped saddles. I just haven't got the room to keep her...

Hey I missed your reply... that's weird.
Today we decided we can have some more Herpteks in the house so I might not sell the third one after all, have to see.

I just found this thread via your website Barbara. These are fascinating scales and the snakes themselves are very attractive...especially "Why".

Well, they don't change a lot but I have some from a couple of weeks ago, I'll try to remember to post them this evening!

OK, here they are :)

Visitor, not changed that much since the previous photoshoot, just gotten larger

visitor_jan_2011_klein.jpg

'Why' changed more then I expected, even though his background still does not get orange :) I guess he will have the grey background his father has, but with lighter colored saddles with thicker borders. You don't hear me complaining :)

why_jan_2011_2_kl.jpg

Closer:

why_jan_2011.jpg

This is the sister, which does not have the same tiny scales but looks a bit off still:

kaylinn_gewoon.jpg

The tiny scaled ones feel different very noticable for regular cornsnake handlers, more velvety. Their skin looks a bit 'dryer' at their lower half in the 2nd half of their shedding cycle but they don't need more humidity so far. I did move them to a large viv today, which I expect to be less humid then their baby boxes, I'll let you know if they do well with regular humidity.

Hehe lol 'micro pave corns' ;p

I think the scales are actually mostly not very small, just slightly smaller but the shapes are different; not lozenge-shaped but rounded or rectangular and not overlapping.

Back