View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 12:33 PM   #19
albertagirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
Can't say I've noticed it with the AHS in particular but some of my other snakes, the males in particular, do that when breeding season fasting, especially the corns. Act very interested for a bit before turning away or sometimes they will even grab the mouse and I think they are going to eat it, only to come back later and find it abandoned uneaten. I think it's because they are actually hungry but their instincts are also telling them that they need to be able to move, find a mate, breed, and not be heavy with a meal. That's why sometimes a much smaller prey item works, I think. Less incapacitating for them. But even that doesn't always work.
Oh that makes sense. I love a logical explanation for things! Whether that's what she's doing or not, it makes me feel more at ease to have some explanation other than "just because" or "well, Sharan, it's because you're doing it wrong". LOL
Thanks for visiting this issue again with me. I'll definitely let you all know when she starts eating again.