• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First hook-ups for me!!

Another Update: Checked on her tonight.....She hadn't shed yet...and then not more than 10minutes ago...i find this:

Attachments

• pre-lay shed.JPG
    pre-lay shed.JPG
    241.8 KB · Views: 118
LOL...i know...but the level of excitement hasnt dwindled. You guys getting tired of me yet?? i promise i wont post again till we get eggs. :) 10-14 days in most cases..correct? see ya then......:crazy02:

I'm not tired of hearing about it! I was _crazy_ last year!! Oh- Annabelle shed today!! Zora still hasn't laid. She's in and out of her lay box. Today she gave me the "can I help you?" look.

Nanci,

I'm Glad your not tired of hearing about it. I was just thinking..if i were on the other end of it..how tiring it must be for all the seasoned veterans...to hear first timers go thru all the stuff you guys went thru,in some cases 20 + yrs ago. Then again, I don't think i could ever get tired of this feeling...or hearing of someone else's success's! :)

As for the "Crazy" part...ummm yeah..just a little....I have a great job (machinist) And i work 10-12hrs a day 6 days a week. So, when i get home, All i think or do is snakes...AND I LOVE IT!!! the girlfriend...not so much... :) I sorta borrowed your idea for the egg container (mine was Spinach leafs). Hope you don't mind. Gosh, I feel like i'm on a constant sugar buzz when i go in the snake room...LOL. Does your snakes do that for you...what i mean is...as a rule daily life is stressful...Work,relationships..bills etc. But when i walk in that room..and see my babies...everything else just seems to go away.

She Seems Rather restless...in and out of the laybox....right now she's in her regular hide...over the heat.....85 degrees. Ambient is 73-74 . There are all Kinds of "Tracks" in the Aspen....So now i'm worried...I don't want her to NOT choose the lay box....would putting a new one in..maybe smaller..Squarish...say like a 6qt shoe box??? Or have both of them in there.???

A Picture would explain it better...but I choose not to snap a pick in fear of stressing her....but...looking through the tub...she is coiled..with her head slung over one of her coils..looking right at me...with this expression...almost as if she's saying.."Ok...why? why did you let me do this?" we are on day 5 post pre-lay shed. ugh!! the days pass so slowly....jeesh!

I hope she lays for you soon!

I, too, am waiting on a female to lay. Every day I wake up hoping for eggs.... and none still! :(

Yeah,
thanks for the words of encouragement! this is utterly agonizing!!! If it's this bad for me...i can't imagine how my 'lil girl feels! I figured she'd make me wait the full avg. time. and if it goes to 15days that would make it the day before easter. So maybe i'll have a different kind of egg to be hunting??

I was hoping for Easter eggs but it doesn't look like that is happening. I have one girl getting really close be she still hasn't shed yet. She hasn't even gone into blue. I am starting to think that she likes being big and uncomfortable.

I was hoping for Easter eggs but it doesn't look like that is happening. I have one girl getting really close be she still hasn't shed yet. She hasn't even gone into blue. I am starting to think that she likes being big and uncomfortable.

This is my first clutch ever...and it's killing me!! LOL...i've been on edge since she started showing signs of being gravid. Just want this part to be over..with all the post's about egg-bound girls..it's very scary...and i dont care for the feeling!

Rich, I just wanted to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread and not even owning my first snake yet, and someday hopefully dabbling in some breeding myself...I am LOVING this. There was more than once when you said something that made me laugh! Your girl is gorgeous by the way ;)!! With that, I hope the big surprise comes sooner rather than later for you! I'll be keeping my eye on this thread for updates--very exciting!!! Than with what Nanci said above---^ I was thinking, crap!!! She's right!!! :p

Rich, I just wanted to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread and not even owning my first snake yet, and someday hopefully dabbling in some breeding myself...I am LOVING this. There was more than once when you said something that made me laugh! Your girl is gorgeous by the way ;)!! With that, I hope the big surprise comes sooner rather than later for you! I'll be keeping my eye on this thread for updates--very exciting!!! Than with what Nanci said above---^ I was thinking, crap!!! She's right!!! :p

07sugar,
if you liked prior post...perhaps you'll find this one interesting as well.....
Ok...we're on day 10. i've placed a towel loosely over the tub..to offer more security....So..i get home from work...and i'm checking in on her and there she was....tail lifted...lower half near the vent area was spasming....i thought..wow i caught her in the act of laying...Cool..first time out..and i get to witness this...so i settle in...and quietly watch...after a few minutes...the cloaca opens...and out comes....Oh Poo!!! yep...Just a small squirt of poo! well, really wasn't wanting to see THAT!!! LOL then i remembered....checked my records....yep..she had taken a fuzzy(Much smaller than her normal meal) last weekend...dang!! hmm..well, I guess we're going to day 11.........

Just wait till you're waiting for the eggs to slit! That is MUCH worse than this!

Nanci,

You know i enjoy your posts!! really i do...but do you think you could give me something to look forward to ??? LOL Please!!! no seriously, i know it's a long wait..and i know i'm whining more than a grown man should....but hey...

(Just having fun)

UGH when I saw you had posted I thought yippie, but no. This is killing all of us waiting and watching this thread. Maybe give her a good talking to. ;)

LOL,
sorry...really...I've even had thoughts of grabbing her behind the head squeezing with my other hand...and run it down the length of her body..thereby forcing the eggs out, just to see the dang things!!! UGH!!! Of course, i'd never actually do that...so all you PETA people :p So..yeah...we're off to see day 11 it looks like...god please...dont be egg bound....as a rookie...that would be to hard to take.

Just a side note:

I have felt as many as 6 "Bumps" thus far...

Back