View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 01:00 PM   #153
marcellajoleen
I have a question about this. This is an excellent thread. My girl Ophelia is was born in July and her last shed was difficult, so I gave her a soak, worked wonderfully. She's shedding again, and I just bought her this new cork log that she's hiding in and I can see that pieces of her old skin are coming off in it nicely. She refuses to leave the cork log and I can't get her out of it, so I've just been letting her be. She shed the skin from her eyecaps down to what I'd call her neck (I found that in her tank) but she's still working on the rest. Should I just let her be? Isn't it only supposed to take 24 hours or so for them to completely shed? It's been about four days. I'm going out of town for a few days and I won't have anyone to check on her so I'm awfully worried about getting this solved and getting her fed before then. I don't want it to continue to be a problem for her with every shed. I've been misting the walls of her tank and keeping her screen lightly covered with plastic bags to keep the humidity up. Is there anything else I can do or should I let her chill?