View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 03:28 PM   #5
Rich Z
Well, as soon as I can get the mechanical issue straightened out, I am planning on getting the car repainted anyway.

Matter of fact a while back I tried my hand at doing wet sanding on the car figuring that if I screwed it up, no real big deal since I would just have to accelerate my schedule for getting the car painted. Didn't turn out too bad. Got rid of a lot of the orange peel that Corvettes tend to have. I only worked on the horizontal surfaces and that worked out well for what I did. Except when I got to the deck lid area and saw all the zillions of tiny scratches there, and basically quit in aggravation. Which were likely caused by one of the shops I had the car at gave cats free reign of the joint and they likely caused the scratches when climbing on the car. Since I saw cat paw prints on several other cars he had parked there, I'm pretty confident that was the cause. Of course, I had brought a car cover out with the car when I had it there, but the guy never bothered to put it on the car when it was sitting outside. Well, that and I learned why they recommend that you tape up the edges of body panels when doing wet sanding....