View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 06:58 PM   #18
AliCat37
Quote:
Originally Posted by big chris View Post
I don't think I am jeopardizing my snakes or I would not do it and yes I would play fetch with my dog in the street and walk her with out a leash because I feel it is safe it may end up in tragedy but it would not be what I wanted to happen it would be because I was wrong.
Cohabbing your snakes is practically playing fetch with your dog in the street.. I strongly believe that cohabbing, as well as feeding live, and so many other hot button topics are simply not a matter of if, but when. Why would you be willing to shorten the life span of your snakes simply because you feel that it is entertaining to keep them together? You say that you would not have wanted your dog to be hit by a car for playing in the street and that it would happen because you were wrong to do so- so you are basically admitting that you know that it is risky business to keep your snakes together, but you are doing so anyway even if harm is not the intent. I take plenty of pleasure in watching my older, more people-social corns come out of their hides and do all the things you describe, but alone. They don't enjoy each other's company. I bet if you were to clean out and disinfect your cage you would notice the snakes expressing fighting behavior upon placing them together- not to mention that them being curled up together is fighting behavior. I kept corns together when I first got them, and then I learned (not even from this site) as to why it is not a good idea- the one would always twitch as he neared the other- and this is an expression of aggression, had they not have been separated who knows what would have resulted.