• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Atlas - Stripe Creamsicle

Came home from work tonight to find that Atlas had regurgitated his mouse from Sunday's feeding. We'll follow Kathy Love's protocol. Thankfully, I have Nutri-Bac on hand. I don't really see any obvious factors that point to why - temps are good, prey size was normal, etc. I'm going to keep a closer watch on temps in the room since we've had our first round of winter weather, and I may bump him up to 88 on his warm side (was ar 86).

Right after we took the mouse out, Atlas peeped out through the Aspen and looked at me for a few minutes while I told him (for my own peace of mind) that I was sorry and we'd get him all fixed up. Oddly enough, I was relieved by the fact that he was curious and not hidden away.

Next update in about 8-10 days, I guess.

I'm so sad this happened. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that Atlas's next meal goes well.

Handsome fellow you have there, I love his colors and how they have changed. He will be a stunner! Hope he keeps his next meal down for you :D

The pinkie head (with Nutribac) went down with no issues. Based on his behavior you'd never have known there was an issue. I weighed him prior to feeding as I was concerned about any weight loss - it was very minimal. Checked all his temps before he went back in. Keeping our fingers crossed!

Protocol was interrupted by a shed - that brat is seriously stressing me out! ;)

He took a half pink with Nutribac last night. We're doing good so far.

I really miss hanging out with him. This forum is probably the only place in the world I can say that without a second thought. You guys are the best.

Atlas took a whole pink this week - we're on the right track! I weighed him tonight and he's a solid 44 grams. I really worried about this regurge protocol causing him to lose weight but that has not been the case.

Atlas took his second pink earlier this week. I got him out tonight for a few minutes and he made himself very comfortable on my shoulder (under my sweater) while my son and I finished up a movie.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 34
A quick update: Atlas has taken several meals of fuzzies and is steadily gaining weight. Tonight he hung out with me on the couch and got a bit adventurous. After I took this photo I mentally captioned it:

Danger Noodle, on his way down Couch Mountain (via the fuzzy blanket)!

CeUwWr.jpg

Atlas has been with us for just over a year now! He's come a long way from that first weight of 12 grams!

Current stats are 63 grams and a length of 2ft 4in! All is well here. Haven't been around much but I am hoping that will change a bit more over the summer.

A most recent picture is here. I could not get it sized down for the forum.

And because I still love taking photos of his colors/pattern....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 66
Just a few quick pics before tonight's feeding. He was very curious about the plant area I set up near the couch - he was a little 'Danger Noodle' about checking out all the places he could squeeze into. He wound himself under the table, across the brace, down one of the legs and back up again. I figure if nothing else it's good exercise.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    404.5 KB · Views: 33
Your little adventurer is stunning! I especially love the shot in the upper right hand corner. So very cute.

Update:

We've been having some issues with Atlas. I'm aware of the issues that have caused the most recent regurge last week (sizing up from fuzzy to hopper) but his continuing weight loss is really bothering me. He's hovering around 60g down from nearly 90g a few months ago.

He has developed that 'saggy' or 'wrinkled' bit of loose skin on the last third or so of his body. He does not seem dehydrated and is drinking well. I've taken him back down to a fuzzy that's dusted with Nutribac. He was fed on Tuesday - there was a small lump yesterday afternoon. He passed some urates last night but no fecal matter.

I've check and rechecked my husbandry. Warm side is 82-85 regulated with a HerpStat and cool side ranges in high 50's-60's (ambient temp). He's fairly active and temperament is normal.

I've made him an appointment with a vet and requested a fecal be done. I'm kind of at my wits end as to what else I could possibly do.

Back