View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 11:04 AM   #1
pretends2bnormal
Interesting tub style, lid seems very secure

This is my first post here, and I've only had my first snake a few weeks, at this point. Just wanted to share something that I found when I was looking for a tub for my snake. I haven't seen it posted anywhere before. It's a Sterilite brand tub that has a sort of foam-type gasket and 6 latches to secure the lid. One on each end, and 2 on each of the long sides. The plastic of the lid seems much sturdier than many of the other lidded tubs I looked at, and doesn't budge under my force (or my baby snake's) with the latches alone.

On Sterilite's website they're calling them "Gasket Boxes", and the size I got is the 37 quart (24" L x 18" W x 7" H). I'll probably need to upgrade to another kind when mine gets much larger, since the footprint doesn't seem to increase much if at all in the larger sizes. But, at under $10, I thought I'd share this as it should work very well for young snakes and new owners with minimal modification/additions. Only thing I needed to do to it was to melt some ventilation holes.

I attached a couple of pics, as is customary. There's Noodle, our male Abbott Okeetee corn. He is very difficult to photograph. He wanted to check out my phone as a potential climbing place, and then made an attempt on the table to hide beneath the digital scale.