View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 12:50 AM   #3
Strikealight
As I'm sure plenty of much more experienced folks on here than me will strenuously confirm, it most definitely is not okay to feed a corn snake worms. Corn snakes have evolved to eat rodents and on occasions (I believe from my research from reliable, credible sources) small birds / chicks and eggs. These items provide them with the nutrients they need to grow and thrive, and contain nothing that will harm them. As I understand it, captive corn snakes should only be fed mice of sizes appropriate to the size of the snake's size. Some feed them rats / rat pups, but others have questioned whether these have the appropriate spread of nutrients.

FWIIW, I personally don't blame you for your confusion on such a basic and fundamental point. There is some truly awful advice out there from folks who appear to be experts, including reptile store owners. As I have previously posted, I myself received laughably bad advice from the reptile dealer I bought our corn snake from. How are novices like you and me supposed to know what advice is good and what is bogus? The answer is: this forum. It has world-renouned corn snake experts and pioneers in it, and any suspect advice is soon rooted out. I strongly suggest you go through the "stickies" on here dealing with corn snake care and perhaps get yourself a reliable corn snake book like the one by Kathy Love. Absorb the information and advice from these sources and be very suspicious of anything that conflicts with it!

Hope this of assistance - very best of luck to you and your little snake!