• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Regurge Or Poo? I Know The Answer!

Nanci

Alien Lover
So I found a petrified something in Maizey's cage this morning. It had that pinkish glow of a regurge, but I didn't want it to be that. I threw it in the trash. So I've been worrying all day (I swear that snake is going to die on me from regurging and there is nothing I can do...) and when I got home I dug it out of the trash. I'd had this revelation that if I melted it under running water, if it was a regurge, the skeleton would be revealed. And it was. So that's a way to tell. :headbang: :cry:

Nanci

Wow. That's gross, Nanci. But, I must admit, rather clever, and quite dedicated.

Sorry to hear about the regurge. :mad: That stinks.

I'd really hoped she'd stopped, after 4 or 5 very small meals. I guess not. There's nothing left to do except watch her shrink away to nothing eventually.

Nanci

Aw, don't think that way Nanci! I'm sure she'll be fine.
With an owner like you, I don't see why she wouldn't be.

HE will be fine :p

Toyah has a hoggie that was regurging every meal for months... Its doing ok now from what shes told me. Gaining weight etc.

You just need to keep trying... Maybe he has some sort of parasite again?

No, Maize got dewormed and had a clean fecal. The vet says there is stuff that can cause it- enlarged heart, diverticulosis, which is $$$ to diagnose, and then you can't do anything about it anyway. So she's (he's) been eating a 10 to 11 gram fuzzy every 5 days, which isn't enough, but doing ok, I thought...Till I found the regurge from who knows when this morning, and now Maize has refused to eat tonight. She'd (he'd) been so starving that she never refused...

Nanci

That's too bad, Nanci. It doesn't sound like you have any choice but to stay your present course. Hopefully he won't waste away to the point where you'll have to euthanize him. :(

sorry to hear that Maizey is regurging again. Ihope you can get him to stop regurging for good and soon.

Beothon

This has me thinking Nanci.

Last week I reported feeding Roxanne 1 ½ fuzzies on Saturday, June 23rd.

I found on Wednesday, June 27th, what I thought at the time, the ½ fuzzy I fed her. Unfortunately the trash has been taken out, but I haven’t fed her since the 23rd.

I will be leaving to go out of town this Wednesday, July 4th and won’t be returning until Tuesday, July 10th.

So was it a regruge or just some fecal matter??? I’m treating it as a regurge, but only the ½ fuzzy…I have never heard of such a thing. I’m concerned about leaving her for so long without at least a little something to tide her over with.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Steve

Try This

Do not feed Maizey for at least 14 days. Then try to feed again.
Maizey is more liable to die from repeated regurging than not being fed for 14 days.
Wishing you luck.

Ciao

Thank you. She's gone through the regurge protocol, including Nutribac, for every single regurge.

Nanci

I'm thinking I might try grapeseed extract. Not that anything showed up on her gram stain...

Nanci

Back