Thread: Whats the deal!
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 11:48 AM   #86
Michael823
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns View Post
Posting your political opinion on a cornsnake forum isn't really going to change the world and doesn't make everyone who does so a patriot and a freedom fighter. All it does is alienate others.
I agree! It's really not a service to post your strict political views on a Corn Snakes site, and so far hasn't seemed to enlighten anyone to the cause. It's good to have a political debate occasionally for the feedback, or just to test the waters. But as someone who feels so strongly about their beliefs, it would be more effective to bring hope, and not divide those who disagree, as you will need the majority if you really believe in the American way.
Obama is our president for this very reason. People are all angry at his policy decisions, and sometimes just because he is who he is. But he has spent a lifetime of doing actual work in the communities, running for office, and offering hope and change, rather than expecting some armchair quarterbacking to get things done. People then get over their heads with talking him down, and even insinuating threats towards him. Sometimes the best way of fighting is with your mind, not your bold language and criticism of the opposition.
Brandishing guns in a public venue isn't bravely defending your rights, it is boldly defying the will of the majority with intimidation rather than intelligence. People would love to believe there will be this glorious day in which the citizens will revolt and take back the country, but fail to see that this will never happen, and they might as well use a more intangible approach to succeed. Paper soldiers are a dime a dozen, as well as e-soldiers. It's not about power and control, it's about winning over the majority with ideas, hope, and offers of change. Obama has done this, and done this brilliantly. I may not agree with every policy, but I sure know he was still the best pick, and I trust that he will leave this country better off than it was. If not, than it is only 3+years until the next election, and the people can reassess whether they would like him to be our leader once again.