View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 10:00 PM   #17
tyflier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson
Good questions, Jenn and Elle. On my laptop monitor, my sig line is two lines, but I'm on a different pc at the moment and it's 4 lines (well, 3 lines + a little on the 4th line).

I guess the best guideline is to do what you can to limit your sig to four lines or less with your own browser/pc setup. I know I'm not going to be clicking around counting lines and sending off dozens of PMs. Some are very obviously way over the limit, and they should be reduced. If your sig area includes half the lyrics to your favorite song, or all 22 of your pets listed one per line, then you probably need to take care of it.
I think the point is to be responsible about your signature. 3 lines, 4 lines, 5 lines...what's the difference, really. I don't think Rich and Dean are going to spend a whole lot of time with 4 different computers each, all with different size monitors to see whom is breaking the rules.

But, if you have a signature that is 10 lines long...there is no mistake. You know your signature is too big, so fix it. Unless you have a 72" monitor, of course...

I have seen a few signatures that are pushing the 10 line mark. Those are the ones, I think, that will cause issues. Not the ones that are so close they are 4 lines on one PC and 5 on another.

But then again...I'm not the boss here. I'm just a lowly servant to the rulers up on high. I bow at thine feet, oh great Roy Munson, mbDorfer, and Susan. Thou shalt rule with impunity...or an iron fist...or something ...