• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Loopy's Thread

Was waiting around for the plumber to arrive so I took Loopy out for a change of scenery! This time had no trouble finding him. Looked in his humid hide first and there he was, buried under the moss. We went outside and I put him on his favorite tree for a bit ... really need to look for something different! But I got a few shots of the elusive tongue flicker!

Attachments

• june 28 '16b.jpg
    june 28 '16b.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 83
  • june 28 '16c.jpg
    june 28 '16c.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 85
  • june 28 '16.jpg
    june 28 '16.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 85
Did a 'vitals' check up on Loopy today. He now weighs in at 55g! Up from 44g the last time I weighed him. And he grew from 19" to a bit over 2 feet! So after all that hullabaloo he got to eat! I've been feeding him 2 regular pinkies but as of right now I'm upping his food size!

Attachments

• Loopy_Measure__700.jpg
    Loopy_Measure__700.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 73
Oh yeah, he's definitely ready for fuzzies. He's looking great, Ken. Mine lay straight like that until I lay the ruler down and then they slinky up, lol. Good job, Loopy!

Thought I'd take advantage of the $1 per gallon sale at Petco (still going on) so I moseyed on over to pick out Loopy's new home! After reading a lot of thoughts from this forum, and considering Karl's advice, I was in search of a 29L or 30 gal aquarium. Well, of course, Aqueon doesn't even make those sizes. And I didn't want a 'high' as that does nothing really. I walked around the store for a half hour considering all my options ... then did it. The only option I could see was the 40 gal breeder tank. Larger than what I wanted but I wasn't going to do this 3 times! This thing is huge compared to the 10 gal home he's in now! And today I ordered the stand for it. So ... give me a week or two and I'll have it set up! Loopy's birthday present! He'll be 1 yr old on July 10th!

Attachments

• 40_tank__resize.jpg
    40_tank__resize.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 62
Oh that's awesome, Ken. What a special birthday gift for Loopy. He'll do fine in that the rest of his life.

He will love that. Now you'll also have to get lots of new "Clutter" to fill that massive new home. Those suction cup vines and plants placed all over will do the trick. And keep in mind, bigger tank usually means "Bigger Heat Source." You'll probably want to get a bigger heat pad for the bottom.

Loopy had dinner yesterday ... his first fuzzy! A lot larger than what he was used to, but he ate it with no trouble. As you can see here, he grabbed the frozen/thawed mouse and squeezed it to 'death' ... then couldn't find the head! It took a little searching, but he found it okay.

Attachments

• Loopy & fuzzy.jpg
    Loopy & fuzzy.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 67
don't let him eat them "Butt First." He might develop a "Crappy Outlook" on life.

:laugh01:

That cage is awesome! I second Karl's advice too. Lots of clutter will keep Loopy hidden and busy while he adjusts to his new castle of a home.
He's so gorgeous, I love all the pictures, but I'm especially stunned at the ruler picture. You must share your secret, how on earth did you get him to stretch out next to the ruler and then hold still while you took the picture? That's like magic, if my little friends aren't in an enclosed space, they are out of frame by the time the camera goes off!

Looks like Loopy is a professional fuzzy wrangler! Good job.

Congrats, Ken. I know it's taken a while to get here.

Getting ready ... vacation!

Getting ready to go away for a week of vacation. I'll feed Loopy just before I leave, he'll be okay at home. My daughter will keep an eye out to check his water bowl. Getting 2 cameras ready to take as well and since I was cleaning some in Loopy's viv and the cameras too, well this is the result of a little outside stretch! (that pic of him sticking his tongue out at you I had to post 'cause ... well, I never knew he had such a long flicker! :))

Attachments

• long flicker.jpg
    long flicker.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 57
  • high five.jpg
    high five.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 56
  • in a tree.jpg
    in a tree.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 56
  • same tree.jpg
    same tree.jpg