• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Nuppu the Snake: The Grand Escape!

proileri

A photographic documentary about one little cornsnake and his attempt pulling off the great escape! :D

Our story begins in a small storebox of a vivarium, where Nuppu the Snake notices that the lid suddenly has gone missing, being replaced by a strange yellow stick..

nuppu1.jpg

"Hmm.. what's going on? No lid and some strange yellow thing there.. ?"

nuppu2.jpg

"Now this IS curious.. No-one around.. Maybe a chance to escape? Doesn't seem to be anyone to stop me.."

nuppu3.jpg

"Let's go for it! This weird yellow stick shall be my escape route!"

nuppu4.jpg

"Yes! Almost there! Only a few more inches and they'll never catch me.. "

nuppu5.jpg

"Yes! Made it! Now I'll just.. what's this place? Seems strangely like a vivar.. Heeeeey.. !"

I'd like to thank my snake Nuppu for moving herself into her new vivarium :D

I'm sure she's still a bit shocked about it all :) Since being born, she's been in a plastic box with kitchen towels as a bedding.

Now suddenly there's green silk plants to climb in..

nuppu6.jpg

..coconut substrate to dig into.. (notice the piece of dirt on top of her head)

nuppu7.jpg

..and branches to climb in. Who said corns aren't climbers!

nuppu8.jpg

Not to mention, now she can get a proper stretch, the new viv being 16" high :)

nuppu9.jpg

If your sliding glass doors overlap- be REALLY sure she can't get out. It's a very common escape route for small snakes.

Yep, thanks, I did block the gap between the doors before letting her in with some foamboard.

You're right, there was a really large gap there (about 5mm, 1/5th of an inch methinks) - she already utilized the gap for climbing atop the sliding door frame. Definitely would had been out in an instant.

Back