View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 01:30 PM   #7
Twolunger
The older we get the more cautious we become. The things we did in our youth, most of us anyway, we would never think of doing now. My brother was married to a Mexican woman and they had a hacienda in northern Mexico. The whole hacienda was surrounded by a tall wall with glass shards embedded in the concrete along the top. His inlaws and other family members all had similar homes. Most carried guns, including my brother, and had to be aware of kidnappers. The women only went to town with a bodyguard. So much for being safe.

One of my employees wanted to see the southern states in his motorhome, so he and his wife drove all over eventually heading to a lot he owned in Las Vegas. He was driving in Arizona when a Camaro pulled up alongside and the passenger had what looked like a .357 magnum pointed at him. The guy yelled for him to pull over or he would kill him. He refused to pull over but slowed down until more traffic caught up with them and the guys took off. Their license plate was covered in dust so could not be read. The police told them they were very lucky that they didn't pull over.