• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Double clutch babies

MysticExotics

(formerly NWHeather)
I acquired a female Amel from a breeder friend a few months back, that had been paired with a male Tessera het for Amel.
After I got her, she double clutched, and laid 7 eggs. Three of them went full term.

I noticed the green pepper smell a few days ago, and knew they were close.
There's a Tessera (with a nice dorsal stripe and pretty cool side patterning), an Amel (looks likes some pretty nice borders), and a normal, that may have some aberrant patterning, but he/she hasn't emerged yet.

KAL-1 Tessera het Amel ph Anery Cinder
KAL-2 Amel ph Anery Cinder
KAL-3 Normal het Amel ph Anery Cinder

9/22/17- Edit to add photo of KAL-3.

I found out a it more history on the parents.
The sire was a Miami Tessera het Amel ph Cinder, out of a Miami Tessera het Cinder paired to a high white reverse Okeetee, and the dam was out of a Coral paired with an odd looking Amel male that he actually got from me a while back. I'll have to search the threads, to see if I posted photos of him.

The Tessera baby still had a small opening on the lower belly, that I'm hoping will close up and s/he will be ok.

I will post photos after they shed.

Attachments

• 197454_447578_VeryLarge_eU0PFskEqHy2BC.jpg
    197454_447578_VeryLarge_eU0PFskEqHy2BC.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 21462323_1396485963783342_4930119396865148802_n.jpg
    21462323_1396485963783342_4930119396865148802_n.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 197456_447605_VeryLarge_D4geNnlU5K.jpg
    197456_447605_VeryLarge_D4geNnlU5K.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
I've added a photo of KAL-3. She/he has some interesting saddle markings.

I thought there would be more aberrant patterning, when I saw the neck on this one, as it was thinking about emerging.
The saddles on the back half are Cinder-ish, and remind me of some het Cinders I have had in the past. I'm thinking of holding onto these babies to test out the Cinder. There's possible Anery in there as well.

That is an interesting pattern on the neck. Looking forward to seeing them grow a bit if you hold on to them.

That is an interesting pattern on the neck. Looking forward to seeing them grow a bit if you hold on to them.
I'll hang onto them for a bit. I have some Amel het Cinder snakes of both sexes I can pair with them to prove out those genes. I haven't decided if I'm going to pursue that yet.

If you ever think about selling Kal-2 let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will!

I will post updated pics after they shed, and as they grow.

Unfortunately, the Tessera baby didn't make it. :( (S)he never shed, was losing weight, and in doing so, and on closer inspection, had some kinks.

I was pretty disappointed, I really liked that one!

The Amel and Normal babies both shed, and I will be offering food in a few days. I usually wait about a week or so after their first shed before offering their first meal, as I have found greater success in getting them to eat right off the bat.

The Normal baby wouldn't sit still, so not the best photo. I'll get better photos in the near future.

Attachments

• 197455_448369_VeryLarge_DfcVh2WBGPkxQg.jpg
    197455_448369_VeryLarge_DfcVh2WBGPkxQg.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 197456_448371_VeryLarge_2GSmNBigs04CX.jpg
    197456_448371_VeryLarge_2GSmNBigs04CX.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 88
I'm so sorry for your little tessera. Its never easy to lose one no matter what its problems. It was really cute. I'm so glad your others are progressing. Thanks for the photo updates. They are both adorable!

I'm so sorry for your little tessera. Its never easy to lose one no matter what its problems. It was really cute. I'm so glad your others are progressing. Thanks for the photo updates. They are both adorable!

Thank you.
Yes, it is always sad when you lose any of them.

I forgot to add that I sexed them today, the Amel appears to be female, the Normal is a male.

I will check both of them a few more times, before I feel confident of their sexes.

KAL-02 finally ate for me!
She refused four times, including washed, boiled pinky, or anole scented.
This time, I put a live new pinky in a small Chinese food box with her, closed it up, and left her in it all day.
She decided she would eat.
She had lost a gram, (hatched at 5 grams), and I was afraid that if this didn't work, she might not make it. I'm glad she decided to eat!

KAL-03 has eaten every meal I have offered, and is now 8 grams (hatched at 5 grams), and is now in his 2nd she'd process since he hatched.

The Amel baby has now eaten two meals for me. Here is a recent photo of her.

I'll get a current photo of the normal male soon.

I haven't decided if I will make either/both of these babies available yet. They are poss het cinder, and the male is het Amel.
I have the ingredients to make Peppermints already, but I am debating if I want to have outcross possibilities as well.

Attachments

• 197455_450933_VeryLarge_DV8TcH3MZ7K.jpg
    197455_450933_VeryLarge_DV8TcH3MZ7K.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 44
KAL-02 (Amel) has now eaten four consecutive meals (she refused the first 3 meals), and KAL-03 (normal) has now eaten 9 consecutive meals as of tonight.

KAL-02 is now 6 grams (hatched at 5 grams, lost one gram after refusing the first 3 meals).
KAL-03 is now 10 grams (hatched at 6 grams).

I will be looking at selling this pair, together.

They are out of an Amel poss het Anery female, and a male Miami Tessera het Amel poss het Cinder.
The Amel female (Kalypso) was produced by Matt Stewart of NW Bloodlines. She is out of an unusual looking Amel male that appeared to have diffusion that was paired with a Coral/Champagne female.
The Miami Tessera male is a descendant of my Miami Tessera's.

Unfortunately, I do not have any more details than that.

Back