• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Rescue snake

mobrown

Someone ditched the little corn snake on the side of the road. I own ball pythons, so my cousin contacted me to take care of the snake. I'm keeping handling to a min till it adjusts to being warm and a new tank. So I apologize for the photo quality.

What morph do you think it is?
ba1e91de37b0e0242fea932ac6406936.jpg
d34ccc4a84e265a85431cd2b8648aaca.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Someone ditched the little corn snake on the side of the road. I own ball pythons, so my cousin contacted me to take care of the snake. I'm keeping handling to a min till it adjusts to being warm and a new tank. So I apologize for the photo quality.

Wtf?! Can't believe someone would/could do that!

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Yay that’s a nice story. I mean the part where you rescue him and he’s eating and doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How could someone dump that beautiful little snake
Thank you very much for giving him a chance in life
Pat

Happy little snake! Granted very spirited compared to my lazy ball python! Any tips for sexing corns?
7ed0743e5f392b2390101d65cdcc92ca.jpg

Hi I’ve kind of sexed my 2 corns but did have them probed to be sure
The male have a fatter tail from the vent
Girls taper off just after the vent
Buy the look of yours it’s a girl to be sure take her to the vets
Please let me know when you take her
Pat

Waiting on the temp to warm up before traveling to the vet! My ball needs her yearky check up as well!

We’ve got a while before it gets any warmer here in the UK it’s snowing
Good luck when you go to the Vets’s
Pat

The Midwest USA can't make up it's mind what season it is! Lol

I'm still boggled at the idea of someone abandoning a snake on the side of the road, and then someone else finding it!

ok it was still in a travel container, right? (you'd never find a lose baby, they'd hide) Maybe she wasn't so much abandoned as lost.... (possible scenario, someone is leaving a reptile expo or pet store with their new pet.. Loaded down with a tank, Uth, and all the other things needed for a setup, they set the container with the baby in it on top of the car to keep it safe while they load everything else. They then drive off with the container on the roof, which later blows off.

It was in a five gallon bucket and a water dish next to the bucket. They had wood chips in the buckets for the snake. My cousin works for the township and was collecting trash from the country ditches. The town in question is basically just cornfields in the middle of no where. It wasn't on a main drag, so I don't think it was an accident. The nearest pet store is over 20 miles away, and even further for an expo.

Back