• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Screen lid of tank

pearl89

Hi guys,

A friend of a friend offered to sell me a tank he no long needs for a reasonable price. Its 30" L X 12" W by X 15" H (approximately). Only thing is it doesnt have a sliding screen lid. It has a regular screen lid you can lift off. My question is how is the best way to secure this type of lid? I was looking online for screen cover clips, but I was wondering what you gurs would recomend.

Thanks in advance

Clips are good if they fit not all clips fit all lids, but them local so you can try them out.

Do you recommend a specific type or brand? I really want to make sure the snake doesnt get out.

Here you go. Both work, depending on the type of lid

http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/group/1233/product.web

http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/group/7000/product.web

Very inexpensive, too. May even be able to find at PetCo or PetSmart.

Wayne

Wayne gave you good sources, but I must say my experience with clips is bad. Every escape I had was from a clip that I didn't get on correctly. I have a green thumb but am all thumbs. On tubs I would use binder clips they worked fine. All the vivs that had non-sliding lids were converted to wooden lids that fit snugly inside of lip with air holes and screen.

Can't go wrong with a nice heavy weight to keep it shut, only thing is you don't want your heat lamp setting your encyclopedia on fire. (Don't ask)

Thanks guys. I think I will put on the clips and also put some bricks or something heavy on the edges. Can never be too careful :)

Back