View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 01:12 AM   #49
maausen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
The scent, soap or other, was one of my first thoughts when you first posted this. Try a diffetent soap? I found that diluted Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap works well... but again, scents/soaps are personal choice.

If you work somewhere that gets a specific scent on you or have another pet (or human), who knows. I work with kids and make all of them scrub with this soap before handling the snakes. Seems to work for us. It's neutral and consistant? I'm sure other opinions differ. I also keep a spot in the tank that if the snake is there, we don't mess with it. Kind of like a dog on a dog bed? I'm sure it's not the same as mammals, but all animals are capable of learning. So, there would be days the snakes would be in the "safe" spot, but they didn't isolate themselves to that spot or avoid other places.

Good luck and let us know how is going!
He was in shed for a while so I haven't had a chance to hold him or interact with him. Do you think there is any chance that in the future I won't need to wear long sleeve shirts and gloves to handle this snake? I really enjoy having him but it stresses me that every time I have to go and clean his cage or grab him out for any reason, I fear getting bit and dealing with his aggression.