View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 11:51 AM   #7
kathylove
The FedEx email I got said the change was only for residential addresses, and business addresses would still be signed for. Since we have to send to business addresses only, hopefully there will be no change.

I try to convince customers to pick up at the FedEx office whenever I can. Then I don't have much worry about heat or cold in the back of a truck (or a front porch). I also really emphasize to customers that I will only guarantee live arrival if they sign for it on the first delivery attempt. So I have them pretty scared to even go to the bathroom the morning of delivery, lol! But that is what is needed to ensure the safety of these critters, since delivery guys are in such a hurry. I also track the shipments. If I see one marked as delivery attempted, or delivered without a signature, I contact the customer right away

So far, so good. But it sure takes a lot of diligence to make sure it all works out OK, and sometimes there is nothing you can do to prevent the shipping companies from messing things up.