View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #36
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Yeah, but there are nearly as many posts in the Photo Gallery section as in General Chit-Chat, and I'm positive that section takes up magnitudes more bandwidth...
Which is why I periodically go through my attachments and delete old ones (except for a few that might still be worthwhile for someone running a specific search).

And I don't think the size of a thread will impact how one page loads on anyone's computer. What matters is how much info is located on that one page, and the dragon images apparently affect it due to their specific nature. I have noticed a slight decrease in the amount of time that their removal has made to page loading. Someone with dial-up will probably notice a larger change.

I'm with Dean on the DYK thread. I rarely visit. It was fun at first, but it has seemed to change in the material that was posted. Instead of mostly simple things that members wanted to just share, it started taking on more of a conversational stance, which I don't care for as much. When I want to just talk or listen to others converse, I go to chat.