Thread: Crickets?
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #10
ScottyK
Well- You're off in unexplored territory as far as my knowledge is concerned. Here are a few things that come to mind, but I'm kind of shooting from the hip here.

As far as I know, nobody has maintained a corn for any significant length of time on insects. I believe you are on a very short stint of borrowed time right now, so don't lose the urgency to keep working the mice. In the meantime make sure you are gutloading with the widest variety of quality feeds you can and make sure you are getting supplemental calcium to your snake...

Have you tried cricket scenting the mice and/or vice versa?

Are you 100% sure your cage, hides and temps are in order? The main reason I ask is that you said it fed for the breeder. It's less common for a snake who has already eaten f/t to then refuse to eat if everything else is good.

Are you keeping track of the snakes weight? It might be a good idea, especially if you decide to try stopping the crix for a while to help force it onto mice.

That's about all I have. Hopefully more suggestions will come in. Keep us posted and best of luck...

Scott