View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 01:14 AM   #4
Rich Z
Well, that was fun.... NOT!! Completely wasted the last couple of days with this supposed server move. One problem after another, that the server techs seemed clueless about how to fix. They started copying this site to the new server, and 12 hours later it was only 27% done. To copy FaunaClassifieds.com over would have taken at least a week. The server guys at the new data center kept insisting that it was the data center where my old server resided. I told them that my downloads from that data center were normally about 10 times the speed that I was able to download from the new server. So if I could download files at that speed, just no way I can see that the fault was with the old data center. Especially when my downloads and uploads to the server in the new data center was also abysmally slow to and from my home PC. Just NO WAY the old data center would be able to affect downloads and uploads from my own PC sitting on my desk.

Screw that. I just rolled EVERYTHING back to my old servers and abandoned the new server. I've still got one site dead with a database error, lost the ability to send outgoing emails from a number of my email accounts, and basically nearly had my head explode several times.

So anyway, we are back on the old server having just wasted two days or so with this nonsense. Now I guess I need to fight with the new server hosting company and tell them where they can cram their service and give me my money back that was completely wasted.