Thread: Advice
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 11:22 AM   #8
Godzilla2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergen8er
My soon to be wife has hated snakes as long as I've known her. We've grown up in West Texas were you can go out in the pastures and catch Western Diamondback Rattlesnakes nearly anytime of year. The people of this area seem to have a certain disdain for snakes, however I digress. She knew how much I wanted a snake and after long consideration she said she would buy me one for valentines day. I really wanted a ball python but she really hated the idea of feeding it bunnies later in life so she said that I could have a cornsnake (ain't that funny, I'm a grown man and I have to do what a women tells me to, lol). Anyways she really didn't want to touch it for a while or even look at it for that matter and the first time I had to feed it she got somewhat upset because "Mice are so much cuter than snakes" so she didn't watch. I feed live right now and the pinky made a little noise as my snake ate and that just upset her a little bit more. Five days later it was feeding time again and she went with me to get a pinky when we got back I had given it to my snake and left the room to go do something. I come back and my girlfriend is enthralled in watching him eat, I was amazed. She said it was really neat how far he could open his mouth and such. She said that she knew how much I loved my snake and that she would too. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that girls can come around, especially if they really care about you and know how much you care about your snake. So good luck with everything, and by the way I have a candycane and I love it.

I like to feed my snakes frozen, dead pinkies. My Aztec Elle tends to shy away from live prey. It's funny because she'll poke her nose at the frozen pinkies just to make certain they're dead before she eats them. I'll have to get some movies of her doing this when I get a Digital Camera.