View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #921
Outcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Actually I find the concept of a "multiverse", or multiple parallel dimensions, quite fascinating in it's own right. I had an experience when I was a teenager that shook me up pretty badly that I just cannot explain. A car accident I SHOULD have had did not take place. I just clutched the steering wheel, bracing my arms, and closed my eyes waiting for the impact with that parked car that filled up my view dead in front of me, thinking "Mom is going to KILL me", because I was driving her car. Next thing I knew I opened my eyes and I was PAST that parked car I was headed for, driving down the road slowly. There was absolutely NO WAY I could have avoided hitting that car, yet I did. So over the years this has haunted me. I tend to look for logical explanations for things, but this one just doesn't seem to have one. What the hell happened?

So the concept of multiple dimensions in parallel where all possibilities are happening simultaneously sounds intriguing. Can people pass through a dimensional boundary from one to another? Maybe I did. Maybe I passed into a dimension where I didn't have that accident I was waiting for. Maybe people do this all of the time, but don't realize it.

Have you ever run into two people arguing over a past event that they shared together that both are equally adamant about what happened, but both couldn't possibly be true? Yeah, people tend to just brush this off as faulty memory at work. But is it? Maybe a cross-over happens more commonly than anyone would suspect. Things just might be subtly different if you don't realize this happened to you, but you might doubt your own memory, or perhaps even your on sanity if you notice the difference. Maybe except in rare instances, you might not even know things are different. But perhaps CUMULATIVELY, when you are older and notice differences that have accumulated over time if you have slipped through multiple times, you just think you're getting some marbles breaking loose in the noggin. How would you know? What yardstick could you use to measure your reality against?

Perhaps a person CAN live forever, just not how we usually think that means. Maybe when you die you really do move on, just not this heaven and hell thing at all. Maybe the point of existence that is YOUR consciousness just MOVES it's frame of reference to a different plane. Maybe when you think, "I don't remember it like that", maybe it really WASN'T like that for YOU in YOUR past.

Heck, a while back when I had a minor operation because of kidney stones and the doc wanted to check for kidney damage, I passed out in the hospital when I went into the bathroom of my hospital room to urinate afterwards. Next thing I knew I had doctors and equipment all around me. They said my heart had stopped and they revived me. Connie swears to this day that I changed from that moment on. That I am not the same person now that I was before. Funny thing is that I SAW Connie standing at the door looking at me while I was laying on the floor, with panic in her eyes (I guess she was looking at me dying), and a couple of nurses forced her out of the room. Only problem is that this was WHILE I had to have been unconscious.

Oh yeah, in case you are wondering, she says she likes this rendition of me better than the old one. But where did the "old me" go to? Maybe the other Connie in another dimension isn't quite so happy with that switch.

Yeah, I know, all kinds of logical wrinkles in this concept. But is it completely and absolutely impossible? Heck, do we really even KNOW what is impossible? Maybe our definition of "possible" is too limited and narrow because of our own lack of understanding of concepts that we don't have the capacity to grasp.

Like I said, this is interesting to me. Now if I could only CONTROL this and pick and choose the universe I actually wanted to be in. Kind of like selecting a channel from an infinite number of channels on the TV. Let's see, where is that "King Rich Z" channel..

But seriously, perhaps we are able to understand the workings of God as well as earthworms would be able to understand us. Which is not at all.
That is a fascinating idea and experience Rich. I have to think on this for a while, because it is very interesting and could answer a lot of questions.... Wow!

(Edit to ask): Have you shared this experience with us before? It seems familiar.... But still blew my mind...LOL