View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 08:39 PM   #69
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Well, now I have to eat my words.

I took a hard look at FaunaClassifieds since then, and have to agree. When I looked at actual figures, including the number of paid memberships and sponsorships that had expired and not been renewed, I came to the conclusion that no, FC isn't doing all that well any longer.

So, with that in mind, I have decided to close down the Board of Inquiry over there. The reason why is simple. It is the ONLY section of any site I run that has some substantial liability associated with it. I get threats of lawsuits over what other people post there about every week or so. Eventually such a threat will become reality, and with so much support that has been dropped from the membership, I am just not going to be willing to stick my neck out any longer for anyone.

So what does that mean to this site? Well, quite simply, if funds dry up substantially after the BOI is gone, FC has been paying the bills for the server all my sites run on. So if it no longer proves to be worthwhile paying for a server and all the associated expenses, then the server has to go. Which will mean THIS site too will have to go. Because once my server goes, I will likely just cease running websites completely, and basically go into "read only, lurker mode" mode myself on the internet.

So anyway, my apologies for being defensive when I didn't have a REAL leg to stand on when I looked real hard at that leg. I guess my stance was more hoping it were true than it actually being true.
I just saw that in a couple days the BOI will only be available to contributors, does that mean you decided not to close it down completely?