• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

"Lava Lavenders" Number 16 is a possibility!

ecreipeoj

Striped Topaz SK SG Free
My first clutch of Hets for Lava Lavender are hatching! The first nose out was an Anery. Thank you very much Rich Z!LOL It is my fault too. I bred a Rich Z Lavender to a Lava Corn and both turned out to be het for Anery. The Lavender was het for Snow too! I hatched out two Anerys het for Lava Lavender from that breeding.

Well, my thinking was since I was trying to produce Lava Lavenders that I would not use the male Anery het for Lava Lavender, so I used a Normal het Lava Lavender poss het anery. Well, this male was het for Anery anyway and so is the first female that produced.

Anery’s are going to mix things up a bit. Now I can get Ice Ghost in the clutch and since the Lavender male I used to start this project was het for snow, I could produce Opals as well. Great, three white snake possibilities.

I cut them open as usual when the first one poked his nose out and there is a possibility of a Lava Lavender in the group. The last one that I opened up out of 16 if you can believe that! One I am pretty sure is an Ice Ghost, about three Anerys and three Lavenders and the rest are normal. There are not any Lavas in the group, but the Ice Ghost and possible Lava Lavender would be homo Lava.

If number 16 is a Lava Lavender, it has pink on it and resembles a Hypo Lavender. Photos to follow soon. I only got a photo of an anery so far!

LAVA LAVENDER!!!
Or like you said under your name 'Ice' Lavenders PLEASE!!

Oh I can't wait to see that picture of the little one~!
Heck just post your anerys too~!
I want to see them all~!!!!

Can't wait~!!
Stop the tease!!!

Simon said:
Oh I can't wait to see that picture of the little one~!
Heck just post your anerys too~!
I want to see them all~!!!!

You are like me. When I go to somebody’s house to see their collection they start showing me all of their “Cool” snakes and I want to see every one of them. They are always surprised that I would appreciate a Normal Corn or California King Snake, that is not a super morph.

Just a bunch of noses poking out still. One of the Lavenders is very light and has a blue head like the Ice Ghost. That one might be cool looking.

I think that I should thank Rich Z for sending me a snake that was more than I expected. By producing Ice Ghost from this project, they will be independently created, and not directly related to my other Ice Ghost project. This is always a good thing.

I have some special photos coming for you Simon, from another project. They are nothing like I have ever seen before. I can not tell if they are Opals or Amels. They have an Opal body with an Amel head. They are siblings to some “Sunset” Lavenders.

Photos photos photos~~!!!!!!

Stop the tease~!!!!!!!!!
You're definitely killing me...I have been clicking on this thread a couple of times now~!!!!

Email or the thread~!!
I want to see the Lava Lav or those 'weirdos' ~!!!!!!

Simon said:
Photos photos photos~~!!!!!!

Stop the tease~!!!!!!!!!
You're definitely killing me...I have been clicking on this thread a couple of times now~!!!!

Email or the thread~!!
I want to see the Lava Lav or those 'weirdos' ~!!!!!!

PUT YOUR FOTOS ON THIS THREAD! If your possible ice lav is even fractionally as beautiful as your ice ghosts, they would make for sweet eye candy! (did that sentence make sense? lol ) Anyway I really look forward to seeing your babies! :crazy02: Get some pics up ASAP!

Eye Candy

elaphe4herps said:
PUT YOUR FOTOS ON THIS THREAD! If your possible ice lav is even fractionally as beautiful as your ice ghosts, they would make for sweet eye candy! (did that sentence make sense? lol ) Anyway I really look forward to seeing your babies! :crazy02: Get some pics up ASAP!

I took a few photos of the two corns from this clutch that are out of the egg. The Anery A was the first one out and is a very nice example of an Anery A. The second one out is one that I suspected was a Lavender when it was in the egg, but now I suspect that it is an Ice Ghost. Since we really do not know what a Lava Lavender will look like, I am not going to make that call yet.

The difference between an Ice Ghost and an “Ice” Lavender, may only be the difference between an Anery A Ghost and Lavender Ghost. I consider the Hypo Lavenders to be a type of ghost since they are a hypo combined with one of the Anery type genes. The Lava Lavenders may resemble the Ice Ghost more than the Hypo Lavenders. The added Lavender color will certainly make for some more colorful types of Ghost. Number 16, seems to be bound and determined to be the last one out of the egg. It does have pink on it and may be an Opal for all I know.

The next clutch is due on the 21st and both females double clutched, so after they have all hatch, perhaps we will have enough examples of the different morphs to make some calls on which is a Lava Lavender. I would presume that after the first two clutches hatch, we will have a pretty good idea what we might expect from this combination. This is only the beginning. Down the road, selective breeding will be able to take this project in various directions.

The two hatchlings that have came out of the egg have one very interesting and potentially desirable thing in common. At first, I thought I was seeing things, but my girlfriend confirmed that the BLUE color on their heads extends into the light color on their bodies. It is a very light BLUE tint. The photos actually picked it up good enough that it can be seen. In person, there is no doubt that the BLUE tint extends the full length of their bodies. The third hatchling that will be out is like the second one out and then perhaps a normal. I will get some photos of them once they have came out of their egg.

Attachments

• Crop 4.jpg
    Crop 4.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 127
  • Crop 5.jpg
    Crop 5.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 110
  • Crop 2.jpg
    Crop 2.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 137
  • Crop 6.jpg
    Crop 6.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 141
Joe,
You might be right...that little one does look like an Ice Ghost more than an "Ice" Lav. But as you said before, we haven't seen enough "Ice" Lav to be sure that this is different.

I also see what you mean on the blue tint on the anery. I hope that they don't lose that when they turn older. It would be pretty neat if they can keep the blue tint in as adults....then with selective breeding we might be able to get anerys with blue background~ LOL~ That would be too nice to be true~!!

Still waiting for some more pics Joe~!! More pics more pics~!!

Sorry guys, this is all that I have to post at this time until #16 decides to come out. All of the clutch is Normals, Anerys, Lavenders, and possible Ice Ghost so far. Some have the blue tint on their heads that extends down their body and some do not, which is actually encouraging.

I can’t wait for the ones with the blue tint to shed. #16 is not playing fair! He/she was at the bottom of the pile, so it should be the last one out. There are other possibilities as to its delay out of the egg as well. The trials and tribulations of trying to create a new morph.

It will be interesting to see how this project plays out this year. I will share and keep you informed.

Attachments

• P7120004.JPG
    P7120004.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 109
  • P7120013.JPG
    P7120013.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 111
Actually, half of the clutch is out of their eggs and the others all have their noses out except for #16. The blood vessels look good and the egg is of good size, so we just have to wait.

I love the look of that anery......I love the contrast.

I don't know much about the fancy morphs and doubt I'll own one, so I don't really know anything about the other genetics, but at least you are intrieged.

I love pictures of brand new babys, they just look so cute.

Finally, we have lift off!

Three normals and an Anery emerged from their eggs today and still no nose poking out of this egg. I fed snakes all night and thought that I would check one more time. He finally decided it was his time.

Considering the make up of the rest of the clutch, I would have to say that this is a Lava Lavender. There were no Amels in the clutch, so this is probably not an Opal. There wasn’t any Lava’s either, except for two Ice Ghost, but from what I can see here, it resembles a Hypo Lavender. Now all I have to do is hope that it is healthy and viable.

I took some photos with the flash and blinded the poor thing, but they came out OK. I will get some more photos in the morning light coming in my door way in the morning.

Attachments

• P7130001.JPG
    P7130001.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 80
  • P7130011.JPG
    P7130011.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 76
Morning Light

These photos are better. A couple of its siblings were out of the egg, which included this Lavender. The Lavenders from this clutch have a reddish cast to them, but are fairly normal looking other than that. The Lava Lavender was farther out of the egg when I looked and is most simular in appearance to a Hypo Lavender. Body shot, will be coming soon.

Attachments

• P7130007.JPG
    P7130007.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 75
  • P7130021.JPG
    P7130021.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Crop 1.jpg
    Crop 1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 69
Head and neck shot

Like a new father, I couldn’t resist. I think I have my camera I bought a year ago figured out now that it is getting obsolete. Now, I just need to make some cool backgrounds for the photos.

Here are a couple head and neck shots. I have to say that I am not disappointed! They are definitely pink and similar to the “Cotton Candy” type hypos. :crazy02:

Attachments

• Crop 2.jpg
    Crop 2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Crop.jpg
    Crop.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 72
Yee Ah~~!!!
Now thats what I really want to see.
I agree with you Joe. Now that looks more like a Lava Lavender. With that amount of pink in it, I would say that you're right. But of course, we still have to do a lot of breed testings in order to figure out if this is really the true Lava Lavender. Hope that its going to be healthy and a male. I like the 'blueish' tint it has on the forehead. Really nice tone~~ Awesome~ now you can send it to me~

A One of a Kind?

Simon said:
Awesome~ now you can send it to me~

Well, I probably won’t do that, but you can come visit her any time and I will put you to work feeding her for room and board.

She is out and would not sit still for a moment for a photo session. She is perfectly healthy which was all I was hoping for. A male would have been nice, but hopefully one will still come in one of the next clutches.

The rest of her body looks the same as her neck. Mainly, pink with some left over lavender pattern. She has the Lava Hypo trade mark blue “V” on her head, so I would have to say she is a one of a kind Lava Lavender. There is just too much lavender left to be an Opal. I suspected that a Lava Lavender would be somewhere in between an Opal and Hypo Lavender and she seems to be just that.

There are 16 more eggs due to hatch soon and both females double clutched, so by the time they all hatch, I don’t think any test breeding will be necessary.

Attachments

• P7140001.JPG
    P7140001.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Crop.jpg
    Crop.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Crop1.jpg
    Crop1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 61
  • P7140017.JPG
    P7140017.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 70
  • Crop 3.jpg
    Crop 3.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 64
Congrats on her, Joe! She's a beauty. Can't wait to see what pops out of the remaining clutches. I'm pulling for a few pairs for you. :D

Thank you,
It will be very interesting to see if I get any more Lava Lav, Ice Ghost and especially any more that have the blue extending down their bodies. I can't wait until the first ones shed, so I can see how much of it is retained.

ecreipeoj said:
Well, I probably won’t do that, but you can come visit her any time and I will put you to work feeding her for room and board.

Can I come and live with you instead? I'll come and feed for you anyday~

with so many snakes I want I really wouldn't mind working for you until you will give up in giving them to me since I am going to bug you until you give in~~

muhahahaha

:crazy02:

Another Lava Lavender!

The second clutch of Hets for Lava Lav X Same are hatching. This female is not het for Anery A and the clutch is very lacking in visible morphs, but there was one that is special.

The clutch only contained one Lavender and another Lava Lavender! All the rest are normals. I guess they are most likely a little more that 66% possible hets, since there should have been a couple more Lavenders and a few Lavas out of 16 eggs. By the way, the first clutch only contained 14 eggs, so just change the number in the title of this thread to “14”.

This Lava Lavender looks very similar to the first one. It is perhaps a little lighter and seems to have less left over lavender color, but is equally as pink as the first one. They are about the pinkest hatchling that I have seen.

The first clutch has just about all shed, but of course the Lava Lavender will be the last one. The blue on the Anery A’s seems to be lessoned by the shed, but the Ice Ghost have retained quite a bit of it. I will post photos when they all shed. Hopefully, I will be able to get some group shots.

Attachments

• Crop 1 P7210006.JPG
    Crop 1 P7210006.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Crop 2 P7210020.JPG
    Crop 2 P7210020.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 40
Back