View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 05:50 PM   #48
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
It's really no use for chatting , sharing info or asking for advice on snakes like the other two I mentioned .
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php

How many discussion forums do you see there? And what makes them of "no use for chatting , sharing info or asking for advice on snakes.."?

Right at the moment, I see the following stats on FaunaClassifieds:

Currently Active Users: 679 (216 members and 463 guests)

Number of Members Online In The Past 24 Hours: 1782

Threads: 324,276, Posts: 1,472,753, Members: 138,667
92 posts in the last 24 hours, 4,224 in the last 30 days.
9 new members in the last 24 hours, 634 in the last 30 days.

And again, your statement was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
The only reptile forum that is active and thriving is Ball-Pythons.net .
Which I heartily disagree with and claim that your statement is false. Do the stats I showed indicate to you that your above statement is true?

And honestly, this has always been a habitually slow time of year on the forums because of people being busy with the holidays. The number of new members and posts in the past 24 hours is the lowest I can recall ever seeing there, but I expect it this time of year. But even so, I think it illustrates my point that FaunaClassifieds certainly is not "inactive" and "not thriving" at all, contrary to your claim. Do I think if could be doing better? Certainly! But I doubt there is another website out there anywhere that doesn't believe they could be doing better than they are these days too.

But if you want to see an inactive and non-thriving website, well take a look at this one right here. Now THAT is certainly the way I would describe THIS site without question.

Sorry, I don't intend to get into a pissing duel with you over this, I am merely disagreeing with your assessment and that your statement is not based on reality. Unless your definition of "active and thriving" is severely different from what mine is, of course.

Look, I really don't care that you really like ball-pythons.net. Good for you and good for them! But I don't see that is sufficient reason for you to try to belittle every other site out there with what appear to be false claims.

IMHO.