View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 10:57 AM   #5
Karl_Mcknight
Radnor Lake

There is an old Railroad Refilling Lake built about 100 years ago during the old steam engine days only a few miles from me. It is called Radnor Lake.

Today it is a National Park and Wildlife Refuge.

People go there to hike, walk, enjoy nature and take pictures. That is where all these pictures have come from.

(Below) picture 1 - Two Turtles on a log engulfed in lots of Green Pond Scum. Yummy! Focal - 55mm, ISO - 100, Shutter - 1/125, F7.1

picture 2 - An Observation Deck overlooking the Lake. Focal - 18mm, ISO - 100, Shutter - 1/60, F5

picture 3 - A Flower on a tree. (Not sure about what kind of tree this is.) I got as close as my lens would focus, about 9 inches away and focused manually. Focal - 18mm, ISO - 100, Shutter - 1/125, F7.1

and picture 4 - A young Buck with new antlers still covered with Fuzz. The deer in this area know we (the people) can not hurt them so they are not scared of us. You can't feed them or pet them but they will sometimes walk right up to you. I got about 50 feet from this guy when I took this picture. Focal - 300mm, ISO - 3200, Shutter - 1/200, F5.6