View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 04:08 PM   #5
67temp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
I have not found anything other than Ian's Vivarium, but often the morphs are misleading. If you mate an amel with a cinder you will produce nothing except normals, not peppermints. If you plug in the normals het for amel and cinder with his calculator you still produce a lot of normals. These breeding projects can take a person years, so unless you are young and have a lot of time, pay the money someone is asking for a peppermint or buttermint. LOL.
Lol I'm still youngish (mid 30's). I'm attempting a pairing this year where the male is already a 2 gene visual and 2 gene ph. The female is one gene visual and 3 gene ph. I have other females for next year that are 2 gene visual and 2 gene ph. So there is a decent chance of possibly hitting something interesting in the near future. The question was mostly about what to call them when you get 3, 4, 5 genes deep.

Similar if you have a Miami het amel mated to an okeetee het amel. Are the babies that come out amel called candy cane, reverse okeetee, or just amel. Granted to be a candy cane it would have to meet the visual requirements too.

Honeymint does have a nice sound to it.