• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Stripe h Cr, Hy... What is Cr?

pridecity

Patients took over asylum
I should have asked the breeder at the last reptile show here in Denver. But I was just so happy that I won the snake I wanted from the raffle. I won a stripe h Cr, Hy according to the label. I don't recall the breeder's name, but will know her if she's at the show next month.

So far, I know this:

Popped as a male
Stripe = normal that is striped
h = het for
hy = hypo
cr = caramel OR charcoal OR cinder

so in total: Normal stripe het for hypo and....

If you were the breeder, which would you use the abbreviation "cr" for?

I should have asked the breeder at the last reptile show here in Denver. But I was just so happy that I won the snake I wanted from the raffle. I won a stripe h Cr, Hy according to the label. I don't recall the breeder's name, but will know her if she's at the show next month.

So far, I know this:

Popped as a male
Stripe = normal that is striped
h = het for
hy = hypo
cr = caramel OR charcoal OR cinder

so in total: Normal stripe het for hypo and....

If you were the breeder, which would you use the abbreviation "cr" for?

Usually CR is Caramel, CH for Charcoal...

I wish I had my phone card in my computer right now so I can show more pictures. Shouldn't the breeder have labeled him cubed instead of striped? Or is cubing caused by the stripe gene?

That was my comment on iHerp. Cubed is related to stripe and shows up randomly in babies from stripe pairings. The cubing can be enhanced through selective breeding to produce sunspots. Thats my goal.

I personally use CA for Caramel, CH for Charcoal, CS for Coral Snow. I don't have a CR for anything, so can't give any insight into that. CR for het Crimson would be embarrassing for the breeder considering Crimson is a Hypo Miami.

D80

I personally use CA for Caramel, CH for Charcoal, CS for Coral Snow. I don't have a CR for anything, so can't give any insight into that. CR for het Crimson would be embarrassing for the breeder considering Crimson is a Hypo Miami.

D80

Lol, beat me too it! One of the drawbacks of opening threads in different tabs...

Yeah I know Crimson is Hypo Miami. But sometimes others dont know what they are talking about. I for one have never used any abbreviation like that but Mot for Motley and Lav for Lavender. I try not to do that one to much cause it gets mixed up with Lava.

Huh, ok. I'm also confused on when people say "I wonder if it's genetic". I assume everything is genetic when it comes to the things we talk about here. But that's another topic.

So Roman is a Striped (showing cubed qualities) het for caramel and hypo. It would probably be really awesome to breed him with another striped showing cubed qualities or a fully line bred cubed. Right?

Did you happen to check the vendor list for the last show before Lynne changed it? There is only 3-4 girls vending corns usually at the Denver show unless it was a couple then you can add a few more. I'll be up at the show in May but not as a vendor. Maybe see you there.
John

I'm hoping she'll be there again. I so plan on being there at the May show. I'll even wear a tag that say Pridecity if you want. It would be great to meet someone from the site.

there might be a few more of us there also, but if u plan on winning the raffle again, maybe we make sure u dont go in

So Roman is a Striped (showing cubed qualities) het for caramel and hypo. It would probably be really awesome to breed him with another striped showing cubed qualities or a fully line bred cubed. Right?

Thats what ive come to understand. Im going to give it a go with my stripe/cubes next year.

Not sure. I will double check if the breeder is there at the show on the 15th. I'm good with faces, but names escape me unless I see you about three times in one week.

Back