View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #17
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertanimal View Post
I think what Susan was saying is that 3 months is ridiculous, not 3 days.
I don't report posts much (never have), but I would like to point out that threads may be months old and get brought up to the top again if someone else makes a post to it. The complainer "might" not realize it is a 3 months old post they are reporting. For the record, this can't apply to me. I haven't reported any posts in a good long while (and very few ever). I'm just saying that I could see where someone could make this mistake once, and I think consideration should be given in that case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
obviously against the rules to "I find your views to be a bit sophormoric" which to me is an opinion- which is suddenly infraction-worthy, due to this slippery slope of tattletale-ism we are avalanching down recently. In my opinion, MY opinion, not speaking for anyone else, if you want to go to somewhere where it's all sweetness and light and no one can disagree, much less heatedly- I can give you the link.
That MIGHT apply to me. This is my first post outside of the classifieds or my own forum in 2 months because I did get an infraction point for calling a statement taunting a handicapped person sophomoric. I have no intention of telling the moderators how to do their job. I have no intention of telling Rich how to run his site. I am not criticizing the moderators, rich, or this site. I'm not doing ANY attack in this post.

What I'm doing is saying that I (1) either don't understand the new rules or (2) don't like the new rules. Either way, I shouldn't heavily participate in a forum in which I don't understand OR agree with the rules. (It is disrespectful to the owner and other members - both groups are people I like a lot - for me to do otherwise.) This has generally caused me to mostly stop posting here of my own volition. To tell the truth, I am more than tired having to be careful who I disagree with because they might turn around and call me an insulting name like "retarded" or just spew out a personal threat.

That's just my opinion. It isn't worth anything to anyone but me.
...and I kinda like it that way!
KJ