View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 10:58 PM   #33
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsncorns View Post
Gorgeous little MBK!
Thanks! I love MBK's! I found a female for him!
Mike Madec from Isis Reptiles has a couple clutches, I believe. They are male heavy, so they're not selling females by themselves.
I'm pickig up a 1.1 pair of MBK's & the male will go to Tara, who has a female MBK. That will give us each an unrelated pair to work with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderk View Post
He's so shiny!

My Elliot is holding out on eating, but I found him soaking in his water dish this morning so I'm hotel that after his shed he'll eat. He's had 2 meals with me, and it's been about a month since I've had him.
MBK's are pretty cool! They are the poor man's Indigo!

I found out from Mike Fedzen that one of the babies I got (one that has refused f/t twice) was only eating live, & the other two had eaten f/t multiple times before I got them.
The two fed f/t, have each eaten once & refused once.

I'll be looking for live pinkies this weekend for them.

It's not a HUGE deal, but I would have liked to have known, because I did have a small colony of mice & I culled them before I left for Tinley. I really don't have a very good place to keep them, other than the laundry room, which is off the kitchen & I really do not want to deal with the smell.

I had considered investing in one of the wooden storage sheds, insulating it & putting feeder rodents in there, but I will have to see if I can afford that anytime soon.

I think once they have been with me for a while, they should switch over to f/t. Kings eat anything, right?? LOL