View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 11:55 AM   #9
DollysMom
Thanks Rich.

As I side note I appreciate the very modest voluntary contribution you ask for here. I personally take pride in being able to support this site. I stopped using the gallery here because it became clear I was going to easily blow through the limit (I can't remember what the limit is, but at least in the past, there was one.)

Now that I've done some further research on Photobucket, it was both the way it was done and the huge amount of the charge that folks objected to. I have no problem paying fair amounts for things I use. I understand that for some the only price they will pay is free but there are a great number like me who will pay a reasonable fee. Whether in this case it is $5 or $10 a month I don't know, but it is in that ballpark. The people who liken this to ransomware are correct given the lack of warning and the huge amount needed to unlock the content. This content can't even be moved at this point. It is pay up or lose it if you didn't keep local back-ups (I always have local back-ups).