View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 11:44 AM   #21
DLena
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
I would love someone who is an experienced keeper in the UK or continental Europe to explain more about their set-ups. It won't stop us 'mericans from speaking out of turn, but perhaps it could help.

DollysMom, this made me remember...

Back in the late 1970's through the early 80's, my mom kept tropical fish. She used under-gravel filters with powerheads for water circulation and to pull waste down to the bottom to promote better water quality. This was before the internet. She joined an international group of tropical fish fanciers that corresponded via actual written letters. In Europe, they had sponge filters that attached to the powerheads so the water was actually cleaned while it was circulated. One of her friends over there helped her buy them and then mailed it all to her. It let her expand from a 20 long tank to a 55 long (if I remember it right) with less maintenance!
I'm sure our kindred spirits "over there" wherever they may be, have some excellent practices and products that we just don't have. I'd like more info on how people keep snakes over there. Maybe it could be a thread?