Thread: Odd Issue
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 02:34 AM   #1
forestwolfacr
Odd Issue

Can snakes get calcification growth like other objects from bad water? I know the water in my trailer park isn't the best and leaves white stains on almost everything from lime or calcium or something, I'm not sure; before we go to the vet I wanted to ask in case it's just the water I need to start getting filtered store bought -- I admit I hadn't cleaned her viv. in a while but due to cold weather and pads not saying stuck to the bottom of the tank I added a heat lamp and I"m not sure if that was too close cus 3 days after adding that noticed odd white rash (?) on her face & neck, other than distress over I'm sure vision impairment she seems ok -- immediately put her in her feeder box - she ate and I did a deep clean on her cage and changed the water for store bought spring water, giving her a bath when it was all done -- the whiteness goes away when wet.. anyone experienced anything like this?? Should we go to the vet asap or is waiting and seeing if the clean store water & tank cure the issue? Pictures attached