• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Palmetto arrived today

Chip

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Well, almost a year after Daytona, I finally got my Palmetto. I first want to thank Don for feeding her on such a schedule and getting her up to 100+ grams. I have some big 2012s, and was worried I'd wished I'd taken her sooner. She's 12 grams past weight of my biggest 2012 (giant hypo fire stripe from Nanci, hatched 6-2-12), so I am thrilled! She was a little panicked just coming out, so I just posted a couple of brief shots and let her settle in.

wait for it

Here comes...

10y15eb.jpg

2871b21.jpg

I'm sure I won't be able to put her down once she settles in, so I will get many more and better photos in short order. I doubt I'll breed her next year, even though I'd bet the 300 gram mark will be easily reached. I'll wait until het males are floating around, probably in 2014 or later. Still tinkering with displaying her in my shop, but will need to look into some theft-resistant caging.

Also included in this shipment is a female amel sunrise tessera:
2dr753p.jpg

The sunrise mutation is one of the top morphs I am excited about making scaleless.

They are both super robust! Could imagine how much you would have fretted over tiny fresh Palmetto hatchling? ;)

Very awesome critters.

They are both super robust! Could imagine how much you would have fretted over tiny fresh Palmetto hatchling? ;)

Very awesome critters.

Thanks! Yeah, part of me wanted to watch the color metamorphosis, and weigh/measure/do all the geeky stuff as she grew, but it is much easier getting a fat healthy near yearling (? don't have a hatch date). More pics to come tonight.

Stellar looking snake - had I the means, I'd be getting a Palmetto myself. Instead, I have expensive teenage children...

Chip,

Ummmm.......

Insanely Gorgeous?? Does that do her justice? Probably not.

Congrats!!!

I think of the Palmetto being like a Super Sports car, Porsche,Lambo,Ferrari etc.

And like in the real world.....

Those "Sports Cars" are deserved by those that have worked hard, Dedicated themselves to a dream, a path, a passion.

You sir, Are most deserving.

Again.... Congrats.

Thanks, Myca and everyone for your kind words.
That's too nice, Rich! I wish I could say I feel I'm deserving. Truth is, I just never got married and pretty much live like a 10 year old! Were it not for veterinary expenses and home repairs, I'd have one of these by my pool: http://twitpic.com/clfb79
Yeah, she's way more glossy IRL. Trying to change the flash to show it:
28wory8.jpg

She had just shed on the day of shipping. Both were pretty nervous coming out of their bags. I'll try to keep my hands and flash off of her tonight and tomorrow. Perhaps a photo session followed by a nice small hopper Thursday.

Back