• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Humidity

redarm

Hi folks
Now that its getting colder and I've turned the heat on in the house ,the humidity has dropped inside the house and the vivs. I was wondering what the ideal humidity level should be in the vivs. So far I can get it up to 65% is this ok or do I need it highter.

thanks

redarm:)

yes

And you don't have to worry about getting it up to 65 either. Corns like it dry. Of course during their shed you *should* raise it up so they have an easy time. But if they aren't shedding, I don't even think about it! :)

Dont worry about it!

bmm

Hey bmm I know that this is a cornsnake forum ,but i noticed you have a ball python whatb about their humidity . think 65%to 50% is enought?

thanks alot

redarm

well

I don't think 50% humidity is enough for a Ball Python. Some people do fine at 65% humidity, but others have Ball Pythons that need a bit higher.

If your Ball Python is shedding in one peice at 65% you are fine at that, but if not raise it to 70.

personally, I keep mine at 70% and I get one piece sheds everytime.

bmm

Back