View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 03:15 AM   #19
Hikari
Yeah, it is sad to see how people keep snakes sometimes. At least my new boy is getting the care he deserves now. I mean, for what it's worth, they did seem to take good care of him, outside of smoking around him and keeping him is a tank of questionable quality. He's a good weight, and is an absolute puppydog to handle. Amazing temperament. I'm just hoping there won't be any major RI issues popping up down the line.

I was gonna give him more time to acclimate before his first feed with me, but he seems to want none of it, lol. I saw him staring me down as he watched me feed the other snakes the night after I brought him home like 'Food? Where's my food?!', glass surfing, tongue-flicking, and the like. I had been told it was his feeding night the night I got him, but I didn't dare feed him then. Well, my ball python decided she didn't want her second weanling rat, it was small enough for him, and I hated to waste it, so I figured it probably couldn't hurt to offer it to him. He was more than happy to eat, and has spent the last few days digesting without issue.

Today I checked in on him to change his water, the first time I've opened the tank since feeding him. He decided to crawl out of the tank and explore his surroundings and slither around on me a bit. He tail-rattled when I put him back in his enclosure though. Part of me wonders if he's still not too thrilled with his new one yet, with those new smells, new hide things, and paper towel substrate (just til I know he's pooping okay, then he'll get his beloved aspen back). I'm still trying not to bug him too much though, since I know that he must still be a little stressed about some of the new things, but so far I've just been doing my best to read his behavior to let him deal with things on his terms. I know "food" is definitely a-ok with him, at least