• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My New Viv. Progress Shots

Mr. Maya, every time I see it, it looks better!!! Congrats and an awesome amount of KUDOS to you for being so creative and ambitious!!! VERY KEWL!:cheers::cheers:

Would you mind sharing something about the total cost and hours spent making it... if that is possible? I think it would help us to appreciate even more, the effort you've put into it.

Thanks for sharing!!!

:cool:Wow, Thanks allot for all the great Comments. I was proud of the outcome, but now I think my head my explode soon It´s swelling up so much after the Praise I have received.
Each Viv has their own set of lights with each being Individually wired so non-occupied Vivs won`t use Electricity.
Total Cost so far is around 600 Euro wich at todays exchange rate at approx. 1.45 is about $ 870. Total hours spent weren´t recorded however for the last 3 Weeks I have been working on it about 2,5 weeks that being 17.5 days from 8am till 8pm wich makes an approx hour time of 210.Take of short breaks for Cig. break, wich is not done in the house by the way, and eating something quick, guestimated to about 200 hours.

:cool:Wow, Thanks allot for all the great Comments. I was proud of the outcome, but now I think my head my explode soon It´s swelling up so much after the Praise I have received.
Each Viv has their own set of lights with each being Individually wired so non-occupied Vivs won`t use Electricity.
Total Cost so far is around 600 Euro wich at todays exchange rate at approx. 1.45 is about $ 870. Total hours spent weren´t recorded however for the last 3 Weeks I have been working on it about 2,5 weeks that being 17.5 days from 8am till 8pm wich makes an approx hour time of 210.Take of short breaks for Cig. break, wich is not done in the house by the way, and eating something quick, guestimated to about 200 hours.
That first part IS a danger isn't it... LOL. When I was a Pastor and folks told me that I did a GREAT job speaking, it was all I could do to NOT die of that deadly sin of P-R-I-D-E.

However, YOU have lots to be proud of!!!

200 hours???? $870 dollars? Wow... Not as much as I expected monetarily. Well worth the cost to take good care of your snakes.

Last question... how long did it take the "curing" smell to go away. I would be afraid of the fumes and would probably take a LONG time before putting any of my beloved animals in there.

Again, MUCH kudos!

Last question... how long did it take the "curing" smell to go away. I would be afraid of the fumes and would probably take a LONG time before putting any of my beloved animals in there. Again said:

Still Waiting. If I would have used the right paint from the get go it would only have taken a couple days. No vivs are occupied at this time.
As far as cost and time is concerned, This covers only the two wich are finished. The Main cost was the Finishing. The frame and walls were done rather quickly, About two to three days. Greatest cost their in relation was all the food quality Silicon I had to use.

I'm finally getting some time to read more posts and I must say this looks fantastic. I can't wait to see how it looks when they're all finished.

It's similar to what I want to do once we finally are able to build our house as the permanent housing for adults.

Great job.

new viv!!!!

all i can say to that m8 is "WOW" cant wait to see finished product !!!! keep us posted plz :cheers:

WOW...That looks awesome.You did a Wicked good Job!..and...I know what you're gonna say...and my answer is "Yes"
"yes, you may come and build me a home for my snakes....."
lol...well....at least I tried...:duck:

Kudos Mr. Maya, and well deserved indeed. This is just too inspirational. I went to Home Depot and picked up some polystyrene panels today. They have a great selection ranging about $4-$7 for panels 2'x4' and from 1/2" - 1 1/2 " thick.

Any suggestions on how to cope with the uth or other belly-heat situation? I'm thinking tile embedded in the floor with heat tape on a helix or other therm. Or is that not needed with the coating (I'm going to try the grout-route, thanks TME).

Looking over it it just keeps looking better and better. Did I say "Wow!"?

wow! What a wonderful setup!!! They both look great but I really like the viv #2 and like someone else said, I was really expecting it to cost a lot more money than that!!

Thanks again for the great comments. As far as the floor, I just painted it with the water based Acrylic, Toy quality paint. Heat comes from the lights. I have a range from 35 C up top, 29 C in the middle, and 24 C at the bottom. Measured In the center on the back wall. Direct under the Halogen spot it with be warmer and on the Right side it will be Cooler. So the Snakies have a choice as to what they want.

Back