Thread: Newbie here!
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 08:55 PM   #1
Brilovesnakes
Newbie here!

Hi! My name is Brianna, and I just got a corn snake for my birthday, after begging and researching for two years. Before I start, be warned! This is a long post!

I just got a cornsnake from petsmart. I know people say that petsmart is a bad place to get any animal from, but petsmart partners with the humane society for the kittens and puppies, and everytime I go there, all the animals and reptiles look really healthy. The reptiles always have at least one hide, and the snakes are always in separate enclosures. The snake we got was also extremely healthy when we got it. Back to the snake. We dont know what gender it is yet, as it is too young to know yet. If it turns out to be a girl, we will name it Rose, and if it's a boy, we will name it lava. Right now I'm assuming the snake is a boy. The reason for this is the snakes coloring. He is actually pretty red! He was extremely chill when we got him, no nipping or anything when I tried to put him in his cage. He lives in the basement, but dont worry! The basement is pretty much the same temp as the house, and we got it a heat lamp, plus when I checked the temp it was around 82 degrees. Today was his first feeding since we got him, and he struck at the pinkie in I'm pretty sure less than 30 seconds. I guess he is a good eater ! I will soon update on the gender, but it may take a bit. Please feel free to share your stories here! I absolutely love listening to people's story's about owning snakes!