View Single Post
Old 07-13-2002, 11:18 AM   #9
Clint Boyer
Anery 'A' and Lavender

This is my first year producing any Lavenders or hets. The one Snow from a Lavender het anery and amel X amel het Lavender and anery could be homo Lav......maybe?

I also have a clutch of hets. Lav het anery and amel X Snow. This produced normals, amels, Snows and anerys.

I'm considering a project to force a homozygous anery 'A' and Lavender. I would think that a cross of anery het Lav X anery het Lav would be the best choice. The offspring should be (theoretically) 100% anery and 25% of those also homo Lav. There would also be amel mixed in just because it's there. "IF" there is one Lavender or Opal in the clutch that would prove Lav can show through the anery. "IF" There are only anerys, Snows it hasn't proven anything except the possibility of no Lav showing with anery or just bad luck.

Or better yet, Lav het anery X Lav het anery. If any anerys or Snows show up then anery dominates Lav. Hmmm...???

I'm sure that you (Rich Z.) have developed and idea of how these genes interact. I'd love to hear any hypothesis you may have developed on the issue.