• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First pippie of 2013 (western hog)

Chip

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
iqifc4.jpg

Looked perfectly normal coming out of the egg...

344pksm.jpg

Very light coloration, almost like a caramel or hypo if it were a corn.

2rwte2h.jpg

And the belly looks nothing like I usually produce.

Edited to add a typical baby's belly:
1y91xc.jpg

Probably nothing, but I'll hold on to her for a few months and see how she progresses.

Last edited:
Congratz. I didn't have much luck this year with my 2 breeder females. Look forward to seeing her progression

Hahahaha! Is she rolling over and playing dead for you? I wish corns were always so obliging about showing their bellies for pictures...

She's a pretty little thing, congrats!

Could she be toffee belly?

Nope. She has full melanin -notice the dark spots along her belly, and her head and eyes seem normally colored. I think she might just be a really oddly colored normal.
19mo9w.jpg

Hopefully she takes off and we can she what she grows into. She's a terribly nervous baby. I'll offer her food in a few days.

Feeding #1 of a washed f/t pinkie (deli'ed overnight) was unsuccessful. I replaced it with a live toad tadpole for 5 minutes, which was also refused. Will try again in 4 days.

She ate last night, live tree frog but it's a start. Once they know how to use their mouths, that's half the battle.

Congrats on such a cute baby hoggy. I hope it continues eating for you and switches to f/t mice without too much fuss.

Thank you! I feel great about it. I have two more tiny frogs, which I will try hard to spare, but worse case scenario that will be enough calories and eating experience that it will buy me tons of scenting/playing time. The ones that won't eat are the ones that die for me. So far, anyway.

Batch #2 coming.
23ud0yt.jpg

Dad is an amel, and I bought the female as a 100% het, so if no amels, I either got gypped by the seller or Murphy!

I have a weird feeling one egg is going to be amel! And it's the first egg on row #2.

Chip,

If there is an Amel in this clutch...it's hiding in the bottom (The row with 4 eggs) row....last egg...right

side.

:)

That one does look a bit different. I make my guess (I guess should call it row #3) because it went weirdly clear and looked red inside for a couple of days.
I'm excited for these. As fun as hatchling hoggies are, they can be hell to "teach" to feed.

Didn't want to disturb her while digesting, but snapped a couple through the glass. She's definitely not a "normal." It's just a matter of whether whatever she has is inheritable.
2yo4bjb.jpg

2926y38.jpg

Back