View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 03:33 PM   #6
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara80 View Post
Heather, thank you so much for introducing me to this type of snake. I've glanced by them a few times and made a huge mistake by looking over them. They are gorgeous. That is an understatement actually.. seeing them in person is unbelievable.

I think research on this 'locality' morph is a great idea and an amazing undertaking. I also wonder if there isn't a recessive (or dominant) gene involved that produces the really dark (and shiny) overcoat.
This will be a fun project! I appreciate that you allowed me be a part of it.
I'm happy to have found a friend that lives fairly close, that has the same taste in morphs, so that we can work together on projects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Hi Heather,

I'm in. Let me give you the run down on Sunshine. In 2009, I found this odd looking snake, that resembled a corn but looked also like a gray rat snake. Not knowing what the heck it could be, I posted her on this forum. After a few post, I found out Walter had a pair and immediately we agreed it was a Alabama corn snake. A few weeks later, She laid a clutch of 10 eggs. Awesome...... I ended up sending a pair to Virgina (I think). Later on he said that they stopped eating and passed(bummer). I kept 2 to continue the line. The next season I breed her to an Anery to see if perhaps she was some form of Anery type snake. Nope, most of the babies came out normal with one exception(red), I kept. Loving the silver coration, burnt red(brick red) saddles and the abnormal amout of yellow these guys seem to have, I was wondering if I could get an Amel version and if it would look any different. Perhaps with more yellow, or even that brick red coloration instead of the normal reds. So I paired her up with my Striped Amel Male, Crush. Out of 10 eggs only 5 hatched. 2 females and 3 males. 1 female did not make it. The other 4 are eating like champs. So far that has been my projects with these amazing looking snakes.
I was hoping you would chime in.
I am so glad there are others working with these beautiful snakes!
Thanks for adding the pics!