View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 12:25 AM   #53
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
I have no idea why you've got so defensive ... I was responding to the other guys claim that THIS forum was dragging and I was kinda defending you by suggesting that most forums are struggling these days - as that's my take on them and it's something most forums are concerned about .

I'm also not belittling anyone ... I had a look around and the general snake seemed to be out of date ..

As to the stats you've just quoted as I've said nearly all the posts are buying / selling related as you'd expect from a forum called FaunaClassifieds .... You may as well quote PreLoved while you're at it ..

Whilst getting unfairly stroppy with me you sadly missed the fact that I started a new thread on Ball-Pythons.net tonight- actually praising and promoting YOUR site .

Some thanks I get .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Oh, I see. So the criteria you are choosing to determine whether a site is "active and thriving" is the type of CONTENT of the posts made there. Is that it? Classified posts do not count. OK, I get it. Some other people might use raw figures like views and visitors as well as actual member numbers visiting a site at any given time, or number of advertisers and paying supporters to determine "active" and "thriving", but apparently you use other selective criteria of your own choosing. Fair enough. I just disagree with your inferred assessment of FaunaClassifieds as being "inactive" and "non-thriving", when a broader range of factors are considered. We really don't need to agree, I just wanted my point of view to be expressed.

And no, I did not miss any facts. At least I believe not. If you will recall, I suggested that you (really anyone) NOT post any such promotional posts about this site on another site. That sort of thing can sometimes cause bad blood, and I would prefer that not to happen with any other site out there. And you are upset because I don't thank you for not heeding my own recommendation? Well, I am truly sorry about that. It wasn't a slight, I just did not believe it would be appropriate, under the circumstances. You likely do not realize that I have had other website owners accuse me of actively sending people to their sites to try to promote my own sites on theirs. Which I just do not do, but am apparently not convincing with my denials. If I had thanked you for the post you made, tell me, how do you think that would have appeared?

Anyway, that all being said, I really don't think the problem is people FINDING this site at all. I think the problem is that there doesn't seem to be a real good reason for them to STAY here. Over 28,000 people have already found this site. Doesn't seem to be helping much now, does it? Nearly all that many have obviously LEFT this site, too.