Thread: Firearms
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 12:09 AM   #26
Rich Z
Back when I met Connie, the whole concept of guns just never came into any of our conversations. At the time, the only gun I had was a .22 handgun made by Stoeger in the styling of a Luger. I bought it from my cousin and paid maybe $25 for it. Still have it, as a matter of fact.

Anyway, the thought popped into my mind that I really should get something with a bit more punch to it, but I had no earthly idea what Connie would think of the idea. We were still living in the apartment at the time, so it had to be still pretty early in our marriage. Anyway, somehow I just casually slipped the idea into the conversation like "Hey, I've been thinking about getting a gun. Something a little bigger than my .22. What do you think?" She just looks at me without skipping a beat and says, "Good! As long as it is a .44 magnum!"

Well, okey dokey!

So in the next day or three we went out to a gun shop and wound up buying a S&W Model 29 with the 8 inch barrel. The "Dirty Harry" handgun. Still got that one too, as a matter of fact.