View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 01:21 PM   #17
Twolunger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
She has a clear lay box in her tank with a generous amount of damp sphagnum. By pester, I meant walk near her tank, check conditions, peer into the box etc. I have had other snakes in the past successfully lay, then hatch out the clutch to healthy babies. I'm still learning and check this site when I have questions or want to know more - always learning something! The collective knowledge here is fantastic!

The bulge by her tail, as determined by the vet and x-rays, was trauma from an event prior to when I got her. Her eggs were not near her cloaca.

I was wondering if anyone else had experience with a similar situation? If she still has the swelling, will she be able to pass the eggs without issues?

I figured if she doesn't lay in a reasonable amount of time, I will be calling the vet, though I would rather avoid another trip (unless she needs the visit) that may unnecessarily stress her out and cause her to have more problems with possible retained eggs.
Boy, that's a good question regarding if she will be able to pass the eggs with that swelling. I assumed it was just an egg, but it could prevent normal egg laying. If the vet wasn't concerned, knowing she was holding eggs, maybe we shouldn't be concerned, but anything out of the ordinary is not a welcomed sight. We did have a female with a tumor near her cloaca we didn't breed, just kept as a pet, but she laid infertile eggs anyway, and had no trouble passing them.