View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 05:55 PM   #6
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
I was starting to feel sorry for your plight, but then noticed that you not only have an awesome C5 Z06, but a huge garage, a monster tool chest(s), and a lift too. Now you have good tires, so can redline the C5 Z06 when the road dries out. No excuses about the clutch.
Well, as for the garage, it proved to be a necessity here. After spending literally thousands of dollars getting some vehicles repaired after rats and mice had gotten into them and chewed up the wiring, I knew that wasn't something I wanted to have to do every couple of years. Or maybe even more frequently. So I needed to protect the vehicles by getting them inside something. So I sold off a bunch of guns I had collected to pay for getting a garage built. The lift only cost something like $2300 delivered and installed, so it just seemed like a good idea. It has paid for itself MANY times over with all the work I had to do myself on that C5Z after a couple of shops butchered it.

And as for the tool chests, yeah, I am a bonafide tool-a-holic. A while back I went on a quest to have a COMPLETE socket set collection. Took me a while, but I finally did it.

I made the mistake of buying sets of those socket holders, and it just drove me crazy seeing the empty posts on those holders. I HAD to fill them!

What was REALLY funny was that I was ordering a bunch of sockets from Advance Auto, and they sent me every one I bought from them in a separate individually shipped box, even though I order most of them together in large orders. Seriously. FedEx and UPS were delivering these little boxes every day for weeks. Advance Auto HAD to have lost money on that deal.