View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 06:22 PM   #5
Karl_Mcknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitzMike View Post
Hi Karl, im aware of the off-feeding behavior of snakes but I believe it is more common in Male snakes (?). I had several case of Males going off food and being restless during the mating season but never a Female. I only have females refusing food when they are going to shed or is gravid so this baffles me. Have you also noticed this in your females?
I don't currently have a female. But I have heard of all snakes (not just corn snakes, not just males) sometimes refusing to eat.

There are several reasons why a snake might not eat. If the temp is not right a snake may refuse food. If something in their surroundings changes (move the cage, new hides, change of decor...etc...) they may not eat. Mating season, they may not eat. Also, when a snake is about to shed it will sometimes go off food for a while. I've seen this many times with both males and females.

The main point I was trying to make in my above post, was that your snake had only gone 3 weeks without food and you were sort of acting like it's a crisis. I was simply trying to tell you 3 weeks is nothing.