View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 02:12 PM   #50
Rich Z
Apparently the chat code was gumming up the works here. It was still linked to the old server. So when the old server dropped off line, the code tried HARD to reach the server and then gave up after three minutes of trying. So yesterday when I had my server guy resurrect the old server because I thought we would have to be rolling back to it, then the problem went away. So today when I cranked up my computer and checked here, that 189 second delay was back again. On a hunch I checked, and sure enough, the old server was off line again.

So I went and set up the chat system install, and asked my programmer to change the IP address in that code line from the old server to the new one. And BINGO! Problem fixed. And the chat system is now operational as well. So that killed two birds with one stone.

Hopefully we are out of the woods now. I hope so, because the old server is probably gone for good anyway.

Darn I hope it is a LONG time before I have to do another server move. Even having my server guy do most of the grunt work, it's still stressful as hell...

** Well ALMOST out of the woods. I'm still getting an intermittent failure when I try to run the spell check. ** But I can live with that, I guess.